INTRICATE PAPER SCULPTURE
Pocosin School of Fine Craft
Michael Velliquette: Instructor
January 9 & 16, 2021 4:00-6:00p.m. ET
Using the component qualities of surface, shape and edge as a starting point, students will construct an elaborate and intricate sculptural form made entirely from paper. Participants will investigate traditional paper-crafting techniques and integrate them with wholly unique methods they discover. Velliquette will also share tips and techniques based on his own work.
Students should have confidence with cutting paper with a pair of straight edge scissors. More advanced skills would include confidence with the use of an xacto knife, but not necessary.
- Participants must have the ZOOM video platform downloaded on a computer or phone. It’s easy! Download here.
- Participants must have reliable internet access and a computer or phone with sound recording and web-cam capabilities to participate.
- Check out the list of additional supplies you will need for this workshop here.
- Once registered, students will receive a video meeting code along with simple ZOOM instructions.
- Workshop fees are non-refundable but are transferable with a $25 fee.
- Features live demonstration and the ability to ask questions. Participants will also receive a recording of the demonstration to use for up to two weeks.